* Hope won the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Commissioner's Cup for the best cumulative performance in the league's 18 sports for men and women. Hope ranked 36th among the 310 NCAA Division III colleges included in the NACDA Director's Cup national standings.
* Hope captured four MIAA championships -- men's golf, volleyball,
women's basketball and men's swimming and diving.
* Hope qualified individuals or teams in 10 NCAA championships -- men's and women's cross country, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's swimming & diving, men's and women's track & field, men's golf and volleyball. Two teams had school-best performances on a national level -- volleyball to the Final Four and men's golf a Top Ten finish (tied for ninth). The women's basketball team placed second in NCAA Division III. Other national finishes included men's track & field, 24th; men's swimming & diving, 26th; and women's track & field, 31st.
* Six athletes were voted the MIAA's most valuable player -- Steve Strock, golf; Carrie Snikkers, basketball; Andrea Helminiak (MVP) and Kristen Johnson (defensive), volleyball; Philana Greene (defensive), basketball; and Cameron Lampkin, track & field. In addition, Neil Droppers was presented football scholar-athlete award and Katherine Garcia received the sportsmanship award in tennis.
* Fifty athletes were voted to All-MIAA teams and 189 were named to the MIAA Academic Honor Roll, including seven for a fourth consecutive year.
* Ten teams received the MIAA All-Academic Team GPA Award. The women's cross country team received the honor for a 12th consecutive year. Other teams honored included women's basketball, women's golf, women's soccer, men's and women's swimming & diving, men's and women's tennis, women's track & field, and volleyball.
* Six athletes achieved Division III All-America status -- Carrie Snikkers, basketball; John Donkersloot, Jeffrey Minkus and Kara Vande Guchte, track & field; Steve Strock, golf; Phil Heyboer, swimming. Donkersloot and Minkus were also named CoSIDA Academic All-Americans.
* Carrie Snikkers was named the Division III women's basketball player of the year and nominated for the 09-10 Division III female athlete of the year award.
* Voted Hope's outstanding senior student-athletes were Phil Heyboer (swimming) and Philana Greene (basketball).
* Two longtime coaches retired after a combined 59 years of service to Hope student-athletes -- Karla Wolters, softball (26 years) and Glenn Van Wieren, men's basketball (33 years).
* Three Hope athletic teams topped NCAA Division III in home attendance -- volleyball and men's and women's basketball. It marked a first in Division III.
* The new Van Andel Soccer Stadium was dedicated. It became the fourth major athletic facility to be built this decade joining the DeVos Fieldhouse, Boeve Baseball Stadium and Wolters Softball Stadium. Planning is underway for a new 12-court outdoor tennis facility.