· The Flying Dutchmen first met Olivet in football in 1927. Hope owns a
51-17-1 advantage in the series, including a 27-7 victory last fall.
· The Flying Dutchmen will be seeking to snap a four-game losing streak while Olivet will be trying to end a nine-game losing skid that started midway through the 2011 season.
· Junior tailback Shawn Jackson (Comstock Park/Comstock Park HS) is closing in on a career milestone. His career rushing total is 1, 712 yards. The tenth best career total is 1,715 yards by Bill Blacquiere from 1974-77. The all-time career leader is Brandon Graham who rushed for 4,362 yards from 1955-77. Over his career Shawn has rushed for over 100 yards in nine games, including twice this season.
· Stat Watch: Junior quarterback Michael Atwell (Geneseo, Ill/Geneseo HS) tops the MIAA in passing, averaging 222.2 yards per game. He has completed 53% of this passes (101/190), been intercepted seven times and thrown eight for touchdowns…Freshman punter Dean DeVries (Grand Rapids/Grandville HS) leads the MIAA with an average of 40.4 yards per punt.
· Five Hope players have caught 10-or-more passes this season – sophomore Taylor Brynaert (Washington/Romeo HS), 28 catches for 332 yards and 2 TDs; junior Vincent Boddy (West Bloomfield/West Bloomfield HS), 20 catches for 255 yards and 4 TDs; junior Connor Parcell (Cadillac/Cadillac HS), 17 catches for 163 yards; senior Brian Lynn (Holland/Holland HS), 14 catches for 93 yards; and junior Christian Subdon (Twin Lake/Whitehall HS), 10 catches for 129 yards and 1 TD.
· The Flying Dutchmen will be taking part in the national Take a Kid to the Game promotion on Saturday. Kids accompanied by an adult will be admitted free… Saturday’s game will also mark the conclusion of Hometown Week in which fans have been offered admission specials at home men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball and football games.
· The Flying Dutchmen are home again on Saturday, Oct. 13 for Homecoming.