- John Saurer '89 received his MFA from Colorado State University 1995, and has been teaching drawing, sculpture and printmaking at St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN since 1995. He won a juried competition organized by the college to select a work for the large art alcove in the main stairwell of the college's recently constructed Martha Miller Center for Global Communication.
- Matt Morgan '00 received his M.F.A.in Sound Sculpture from Bard College
in New York. He has his own custom fabrications business "Men of Old" and is also involved with a musical project of the same name. Received residency at the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture.
- R. Brian Wondergem '01 after receiving his
M.F.A. in sculpture at Yale University, is working at the Friedrich Petzel Gallery in Chelsea as their Art Preparator. He is also in the Emerging Artist Fellowship Exhibition at Socrates Sculpture Park in Long Island City, New York.
- Elizabeth Seramur '01 is in the Art Conservation program at the University of Texas - Austin.
- Jennifer Chalifoux '02 is Antiquities Director for a company in Chicago called Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
- Steve Haulenbeek '02 received his M.F.A from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Department of Architecture, Interior Architecture and Designed Objects (AIADO). Steve's "Cumulus Light Canopy" has been featured in Chicago Scene and IDN magazines. Steve did a second installation of "Cumulus Light Canopy" for and event produced by Fashion for the Arts, an organization advocating art education in Chicago. He submitted work to Designboom, an organization based in Milan, to be considered for the Stockholm Furniture Fair
Designmart. We were accepted and will be traveling to Stockholm to be part of a small group of young design superstars. We will be selling our "Skin Series" bud vases that were first released at the 2007 Guerrilla Show in Fulton Market, Chicago. These pieces will also soon be sold at Propeller Modern, a fantastic upscale design Boutique in San Francisco. Steve's work can also be seen in "500 Decoration Details: Minimalism" which features my Object Frames and Design Indaba Magazine in South Africa enlarged the Zip Tie Light Kit image to cover 2 full pages in their last issue. Steve was recently hired by Holly Hunt Design in Chicago, Il.
- Andrew M. Lick '04 is in the Furniture and Decorative Art Department at Leslie Hindman Auctioneers, the Midwest's leading auction house of fine arts, after completing his M.A. in Fine and Decorative Arts at Sotheby's Art Institute in London in in 2006.
- Steffanie Rosalez '05 recently finished a commision for the Holland Hospital as well as embarking on a mission trip to India and bring art to the children. Steffanie is part of Re-Use, ReCycle, ReTHINK!
An installation by a local artists' group utilizing found objects in the Mainstreet Gallery of the Holland Area Arts Council
- Audrey Waples '05 is studying at the Johns Hopkins Medical Illustration Masters program
- Amanda Berlinski '06 is working as the Arts Program Coordinator for the Worth Park District in Worth, IL.
- Kyle Waterstone '07 had a summer residency in NYC at the School of Visual Arts, and also has work in Deitch's project's Art Parade
Are you a Hope College Art Department Alumnus/a? You can update your
information via this