Athletic Training - Application Checklist
All applicants for probationary admission to the athletic training program must complete the following five steps before a decision on their admission can be made:
- Complete and submit the APPLICATION FOR PROBATIONARY ADMISSION form to the address below. Click here for an on-line application
- Arrange for the submission of three letters of recommendation, using the forms
provided in this application package. Click here
for the letter of recommendation form.
- Submit an official transcript of all high school and college (if applicable) work to the address below.
- Apply for admission to Hope College and be admitted (NOTE: The materials in this package are only used to determine an applicant's suitability for probationary admission to the athletic training program. An application for admission to the College is available from the Admissions Office).
- Complete a personal interview with the Program Director, usually in the context of a campus visit.
All application materials should be mailed to:
Kirk Brumels, PhD, ATC
Director, Athletic Training Program
222 Fairbanks Ave
616-395-7356 - phone
616-395-7175 - fax
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FEBRUARY 1.
ADMISSION DECISIONS ARE MADE IN LATE MARCH.
APPLICANTS ARE INFORMED OF THEIR STATUS BY APRIL 1.
All students admitted to the program must have a physical examination by their family physician and be found to meet certain technical standards prior to beginning the program. The physical examination forms and are available from the program director. Click here for an on-line copy of the technical standards.