Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Music
General Education Requirements are the same as general education requirements for all other Bachelor of Arts programs (see The Degree Program, General Education Requirements in the Hope College Catalog).
Electives (non-music): 12-24 credits
Electives (music): 0-12 credits
- Concert attendance, six semesters (Music 080)
- Perspectives in Music (Music 102)
- Theory I, II, III and IV (Music 111, 112, 211, 212)
- Aural Skills I, II, III and IV (Music 113, 114, 213, 214)
- Eurhythmics (Music 201, 202)
- Keyboard Skills (Music 197-198, 297-298, or 397-398)
- Music Literature Before 1700 (Music 321)
- History and Literature of the Symphony (Music 324) or History and Literature of Opera (Music 326)
- Seminar in Music (Music 491)
- 8 credits in Applied Major Area (choose one from Music 161-181) — Enrollment in applied music must occur in consecutive semesters.
- 4 credits in ensembles — Enrollment in ensemble must be concurrent with applied study.
TOTAL CREDITS = 127 credits