PhD, MSN, FNP, RN, AHN-BC
Room 1142 of Science Center
- PhD: Loyola University
- Family Nurse Practitioner Post Master’s Certificate: Grand Valley
State University - 1997
- MSN: Indiana University - 1985
- BSN: Purdue University - 1978
- ADN: Purdue University - 1975
- Phase I and II Parish Nursing Certificate through Marquette University,
- Reverse Mission Trip to Oaxaca, Mexico through the Diocese of Grand
- Interdenominational Lay Spiritual Formation program , certificate,
Dominican Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Certificate, Wound, Ostomy, & Continence Nursing
- Doctoral Coursework in Educational Leadership: Staff/Organizational
Development – Western Michigan University.
- Assistant Professor of Nursing –
- Lakewood Family Medicine, Holland, MI, Family Nurse Practioner,
1997-Present (part time 2006-present)
- Community Health Center, Holland MI, Volunteer, Family Nurse Practitioner,
medically underserved population, 1998-2000
- Adjunct Faculty Clinical Nursing Instructor:
- Clinical Preceptor, Clinical Instructor, and Instructor for graduate
Family Nurse Practitioner Programs & Clinical Nurse Specialist
Programs at Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Parish Nurse/Psychiatric Preceptor for Grand Rapids Community
College, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse clinical preceptor for Emory
University and Albany Medical Center
- St. Francis de Sales Holland MI, Parish Nurse Ministry 2000-2002
- Holland Hospital, Holland, MI 1989-1997
- Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse
- Tender Loving Home Care, Indianapolis, Indiana, Manager, Medicare/Medicaid
Division, Home Health Care 1984-1985
- Indiana University Graduate Research Assistant, Community Health
Nursing Department, Indianapolis, Ind 1882-1983
- Clinical Experience – Trauma/Surgical ICU, Home Health Care,
General Medical Surgical Critical Care, Endoscopy,
Post- Anesthesia Recovery, Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Health outcomes in older adults related to spiritual care in nursing
- Complementary and alternative health care practices
- Culture care
- Nursing theory development
- Indigent, immigrant, and medically underserved populations
- Holistic Health Nursing and Integrated Medicine
- Advanced Practice Nursing
Publications and Review Work:
- Bakker, D. & Vincensi B. (1995). Economic impact of the CNS: Practitioner
role. Clinical Nurse Specialist Journal, 36(5), 50-53.
- 1991-1993 Peer reviewer, Orthopedic Nursing Journal.
- 1993-1995 Book reviewer, Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing.
- Hope College Jean Mason Debbink Faculty development Grant. Investigator:
- 2010 Sigma Theta Tau International Kappa Epsilon chapter-at-large.
Pre-Doctoral Nursing Research Grant. Investigator: Barbara Vincesi
- 2010 American Holistic Nurses Association. Pre-Doctoral Nursing Research
Grant. Investigator: Barbra Vincensi
- Collaborative grants with the Ottawa County Health Department, Health
- Health Promotion: 10,000 STEPS for Health. Targeting all women
but especially those of color to increase exercise and activity
over a 6 month period. Over 50% of the recruited 270 were non-English
speaking. Success rate was significant for weight loss (average
of 10 pounds), improved glycemic control, moderation of hypertension
and increased knowledge of maintaining activity after program was
- American Heart Association. Free cholesterol screening and follow
up counseling and referrals to uninsured immigrants within a faith
- 2007-present Advanced Holistic Nurse - Board Certified, AHNCC
- Sigma Theta Tau, member, Kappa Epsilon Chapter-at-Large
- Holland Community Hospital, Affiliate Medical Staff
- Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Family
- American Holistic Nurses Association
- Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist ANCC (1991-2001)
- Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse Certified and member, WOCN Society (1992-
- American Nurses Association, Indiana and Michigan, District Legislative
Committees (1975 – 1997).
- Holland Home Care, Holland Hospital, Professional Advisory Board (2007-present)
- Hospice of Holland, Advisory Board (2003-2005).
- Holland Area Catholic Nurses Health Ministry Board, member, past chair.
- Mentor/Guest Speaker, Hope College Upward Bound Program. 1998-present
- Developed a Nurse Managed Health Center in an underserved neighborhood
Senior Citizen Center, Lafayette, Indiana as a collaborative effort
between Purdue University and the Visiting Nurses Association. 1977-1979