10 Reasons to Study Philosophy
10. Aristotle is more than a ten-minute laugh riot in your feminism
9. In 2013, philosophy majors outscored every other major on two of
three sections on the GRE (graduate school entrance exam). If you think
that’s new, it isn’t.
8. You’ve got an intellectual itch you can’t scratch ever
since you saw The Dark Knight.
7. You’re in love. Well, you think you are. Maybe you are. What
is love anyway?
6. You know when employers say they want employees who have good critical
thinking skills? We actually know what those are.
5. Dialogue on sexuality in our culture is weak. It’s better
when you’re not talking past one another.
4. “The seed sown on the path is the one who hears the word of
the kingdom without understanding it” (Matthew 13:19).
3. Shadow puppets are really lame entertainment (that’s a Plato
reference. Give it time.).
2. Ever wonder how we got the United Nations? We don’t.
1. People who tell you that philosophy doesn’t matter don’t
want you to question theirs.