A5: Description of the Boards and Standing
b. Campus Life Board
2. Religious Life Committee
- In relation to Campus Life Board:
- To promote the broad religious objectives of the College by considering
and making recommendations to the Campus Life Board on all policies
concerning the religious program of the College and the campus religious
- To study and make policy recommendations on any matter referred to
it by the Campus Life Board.
- In relation to the Office of Campus Ministries:
- To assess the religious climate of the College and advise the Office
of Campus Ministries in preparing programs to meet needs. The
Campus Ministries Office generally administers such programs.
- To advise on matters brought to it by the Office of Campus Ministries.
- To provide coordination and prevent unnecessary duplication of effort
among various groups ministering to the spiritual welfare of the campus
- To act on requests for establishing new religious organizations.
The Dean of the Chapel or a Chaplain designated by the Dean, three faculty
members, and five students - two appointed by the Student
Congress and three appointed by the Religious Life Committee. Attention
should be given to representation by sex, religious affiliation, ethnic
background, and living area (off-campus housing, cottages, residence
halls, and apartments). In addition, faculty and student liaison
persons to the Student Life Committee of the Board of Trustees who are
not included in the above list shall be ex officio members of the
Religious Life Committee.