Modern and Classical Languages
- Instruction is offered in Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Latin, Russian and Spanish.
- Hope offers overseas study in 60 countries including Argentina, Austria, China, Chile, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Jordan, Mexico, Morocco, the Netherlands, Peru, Scotland, Singapore, and Spain.
- Students enrolled in French, German, and Spanish are eligible to live in a language house; each house hosts an average of 5 students plus the native assistant who serves as a tutor and assists faculty members with their classes.
- The Department of Modern and Classical Languages supports language clubs and extracurricular activities including speakers, field trips, and showings of foreign films.
- Students can pursue tutoring opportunities and apprentice teaching positions in the languages they are studying and participate in faculty/student collaborative research.