- The Music Department numbers 40 full and part-time instructors, ensuring that all students receive attention both inside and outside the classroom.
- Upper level theory and history courses and the capstone seminar can be tailored to fit students' interests, better preparing them for future careers and graduate study.
- All Hope music students are encouraged to explore international and domestic exchanges, off-campus study programs, and music-related internships.
- The Music Department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Prospective students, both instrumentalists and vocalists, can audition for the Distinguished Artist Award, a scholarship that can be renewed up to four years.
- Whether you wish to pursue a degree in music or simply wish to continue playing, singing, or exploring musical ideas, the Hope College Music Department has a place for you.