Google Site Search:
- Hope College statement on academic integrity: procedures for what to do if you suspect plagiarism
- Deterring Plagiarism: suggestions from the University of Toronto's Writing Support Center for helping your students avoid plagiarism
- Faculty Guide to Cyber-Plagiarism is a comprehensive site from the U. of Alberta Libraries
- Anti-Plagiarism Strategies for Research Papers; hints from a retired English professor (and author of a book on plagiarism)
- Plagiarism Detectives (Colorado College)
Includes sections defining plagiarism, lists of paper mills, plagiarism bibliography and a link to their presentation on ways of detecting plagiarism.
- Plagiarism: What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It, from Indiana University; provides examples of acceptable and unacceptable usage.
- Help for dealing with suspected plagiarized papers:
- Detecting Plagiarized Papers: list of warning signs
- Cheating 101: a site "aimed at providing faculty with an overview of the current state of Internet Paper Mills, how to locate Paper Mills, how to detect plagiarized papers, how to track down suspicious papers, and how to combat plagiarism."
- Contact one of the Reference Librarians at the Van Wylen Library (395-7904) if you suspect a paper has been plagiarized and would like some assistance.
- The New St. Martin's Handbook, section 42d, "Recognizing plagiarism and acknowledging sources" (pages 494-497)
- Hope College statement on academic integrity: what the college expects from students and violation procedures
- Plagiarism: What It Is and How to Recognize and Avoid It: from Writing Tutorial Services, Indiana University
- Avoiding Plagiarism: tips and advice from the Writing Center at Hamilton College
- What Is Plagiarism? from the History News Network
- The Hope College Academic Support Center offers writing tutoring
- Contact one of the Reference Librarians at the Van Wylen Library (395-7904) if you need research assistance.
- Boston College professor recycled ideas from The Boston Globe (1/6/2005)
- Survey: Many students say cheating's OK from CNN (4/5/2002)
- Term Paper Mills, Anti-Plagiarism Tools, and Academic Integrity, EDUCAUSE Review (Sept/Oct 2001)