The purpose of course reserves is to facilitate student access to readings and other materials for classes at Hope College. Reserve services are available at both the Van Wylen Library and the Music Library.
- It is recommended that any material you want available for your class during the semester be placed on Reserve at the beginning of the term. This blocks the material from circulating through MeL and prevents the possibility of the material not being here when you need it.
- Allow the library a minimum of 3 days to process the materials for your course. Only specially trained staff are able to process Reserves.
- Items submitted after noon on Friday will not be processed until the next week.
Complete the Form:
- Complete the Reserves Request Form for each course you need Reserve materials for. Forms are also available at the library circulation desk.
- Indicate on the form whether you want the items to circulate:
- 3 Hour Library Use Only (Students use this material in the library, one item at a time.)
- 24 Hour Check Out (Students and faculty can check this material out of the library for 24 hours.)
- 3 Day Check Out (Students and faculty can check this material out of the library for 3 days.)
Submit the Material:
- Bring the material you require for your course to the circulation desk, along with a completed Reserve Request Form. If you submit a list of items for the library staff to pull, please make sure the list is specific with titles, authors, call numbers and volume numbers.
- The library will work with faculty to ensure that copyrighted materials meet the criteria for fair use; or obtain permission to place material on reserve.
Music Reserves will be processed at the Music Library in Nykerk Hall.
The library will take all materials off reserve at the end of each semester unless other arrangements have been made with the professor.