My host and her roommate were two of the happiest, friendliest girls I've ever met in my life. They answered all of my questions and made sure I was never bored, while being flexible with the night's activities.
— Anna, Pittsburgh, PA
Overnight visits with a current Hope student are a great way to see what campus life is all about. A Sunday, Thursday, or Friday evening, during the academic year, and in conjunction with an Individual Visit or Visit Day , are the best times for overnights. Here's some of what you might expect from your overnight visit at Hope:
- Explore award-winning downtown Holland, only a couple blocks from campus.
- Cheer on Hope athletes at our state-of-the-art athletic facilities.
- Join current students for a round of frisbee golf.
- Hang out in the residence halls with Hope students. Can you picture yourself here?
- Experience the Gathering (Sunday evening chapel service).
- Listen to a student performance at the Kletz while enjoying a cup of coffee at Cool Beans.
- Watch the sunset over Lake Michigan.
Providing the greatest insights into campus life at Hope is our goal.
Please request your overnight two weeks in advance to help us in our planning.
Timing for spring Overnight Visits
- Overnights for high school juniors are available through March 12.
- Overnights are not available on the following dates due to campus break and holidays: February 6-11 (Winter Break), March 13-22 (Spring Break), April 3-5 (Easter Weekend).
- The final night for spring semester overnight visits is April 23.
Connecting with your Overnight Hosts
- One of your matched overnight hosts will contact you by email within a week of your scheduled overnight to introduce themselves and confirm details of your visit.
- Take this opportunity to share what you may be interested in doing while you are visiting.
Arriving on Campus
- If your visit is scheduled for a weeknight, you will meet your host at the Admissions Office between 4:30 and 5:00 PM.
- For visits taking place on a Sunday night, or for arrivals after 5:00 PM, you will meet your hosts at their residence hall.
- Your overnight visit will conclude after breakfast the next morning.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag, pillow, bath towel
- Personal items (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, etc.)
- Extra money (snacks, bookstore, movies, etc.)
- Homework or a book
- Attire for athletic centers (if interested)
Schedule your overnight visit »
Weekdays before 5:00 PM:
69 East 10th Street, Holland, MI 49423
Phone: 616.395.7850 or 800.968.7850
Weekdays after 5:00 PM and on weekends:
Office of Campus Safety
178 East 11th Street, Holland, MI 49423