|Sending to Hope
-Links to location of student mail and other campus addresses
-Correctly addressed mail via USPS
-Correctly addressed packages via UPS, FedX, and DHL
a student receives a package
-If a student wants to send a package
| Preparing Customs Form
for sending domestic packages, letters, etc.
-Prices for international letters
to the list of all of the campus addresses
|Mailroom Handbook & Forms
comprehensive handbook of how to use the resources that the mail
room offers. This is mainly written for staff and faculty.
When a student receives a package, an e-mail will
be sent to notify them of the arrival the same day.
The student may pick up their package at the Mail Center
from 8:30-4 pm daily and from 10am-12 noon on Saturday.
Students must bring their Hope ID with them to
the mail room window to pick up their package.
The Hope Mail Center is able to
send packages using USPS, UPS, and FedEx. The forms, envelopes, boxes
and labels are also available.
Do not call the above services direct to pick up at your
department or student room.
In general, it is best to print
all labels, since this ensures that the shipping service is able
to read them and most services need to copy the label multiple times.
They all accept handwritten labels, but to ensure that your package
ends up at the correct destination, printed or typed labels are preferred.
To send a package using UPS:
- Fill out a UPS Parcel Shipping Record form available in the Mail Center
- Make sure that the "Send To" Address is accurate for the
label we print out.
- Deliver the package to the mail center before 3:00 pm
- UPS will not normally deliver on weekends, so a package sent next
day air on Friday will not be delivered until Monday. (UPS does have
delivery option but charges extra for this service)
- Keep your copy of the UPS shipping record for tracking.
To use Fed-EX:
- A Fed-Ex Waybill must
be filled out. This form, as well as envelopes and PAKs are available
in the Mail center.
- Fed-Ex Packages must be delivered to the Mail Center before 2:30
- Fed-Ex follows a similar rule concerning Saturdays as UPS. (see above)
To Use USPS:
- Use complete addresses on the box for both "from" and "to" addresses,
and print "from:" and "to:" on each package.
- Always include your name and return address in upper left corner.
- Priority Mail envelopes and boxes are also available in the Mail Center.
- Never use staples on boxes or mail to be sent USPS, since they can catch
in the machines and cause serious issues for the carriers. Use tape or
Express Mail and International
The Mail Center deals with Express
Mail as well. (see label) The prices vary depending on the weight and
time of delivery, so it is best to explore the different options before
carrier. (See Links for Carrier Web sites)
The following international mail services are offered by the Hope Mail Center:
These prices also vary depending on size, weight and
distance of the destination. See the carrier web
sites for more information.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CUSTOM FORMS NEED TO BE FILLED OUT FOR ALL
ENVELOPES - 1/4" THICK OR MORE AND PACKAGES. GREEN FORM (#2976)
UP TO 4 LBS, AND LARGER FORM (#2976a) FOR 4 LBS +AIRMAIL PACKAGES AND
ALL PRIORITY AND EXPRESS PACKAGES NO MATTER WHAT THE