|hope college > dewitt tennis center|
Ball Machine Club
The Tennis Center has purchased a state-of-the-art ball machine. We decided to buy the best machine on the market ($6,500) rather than the typical machine that many clubs purchase that costs about $2,500. Consequently, we are starting a Ball Machine Club that has many advantages for its members. The machine that we have purchased is the same machine that many of the top tour professionals own themselves.
Two options for member use:
Option 1) Join our ball machine club. Most ball machine clubs allow their members to have unlimited use of the ball machine for a set period of time, usually six months to a year. Once a player joins a typical ball machine club, he/she may begin to book the machine whenever he/she wishes. However, the problem is that most people want to use the machine at the same times and inevitably people get frustrated with their inability to secure the machine when they want it. On top of that, they still have to pay the court fees when they use the ball machine. These court fees can add up to over $1000 a year. Below are some great features to our ball machine club.
- All ball machine club members will receive a tutorial to learn the best way to use the machine.
- We will be selling permanent ball machine time slots (BMTS) to our members. This will ensure that they will never have to call and reserve the machine. You will know your set time for the next several months and you will never be frustrated with your inability to use the ball machine when you want it.
- Unlike other clubs, we will charge only the court costs in the price of the Ball Machine Club! The cost of your particular slot will be calculated by using the normal prevailing court fees for that time of day. However, we will NOT charge any extra for the use of the ball machine! This means the ball machine itself will be FREE of charge to you!
Option 2) Use the ball machine on a per time basis. Members may call ahead and see if the ball machine is available and then book it for their use. The costs will be the prevailing court rates plus $10 ball machine rental each hour. (1.5 hours booked = $15, etc…) All players using this method must have a tutorial on their first visit. This is a 30 minute lesson on how to use the ball machine and costs an additional $10 on top of the normal ball machine and court fees. Please make sure one of the pros is available for this tutorial.
1) All ball machine club members must be current members of the Tennis Center.
2) Tip #1: To lower your cost even more, consider sharing the time with at least one other person. If one player picks up balls while the other hits and vice-versa, the machine can run the entire time and both players will hit about the same number of balls as one person on the machine by him/herself.
3) Tip #2: Buy a slot with a group of friends or an entire family. We will allow up to three people or one entire family to be the “owner” of any of the slots. This can reduce your cost even more and it is a great way for a family to spend some time together.
4) If you would like a different time slot than what is offered, please contact Jorge Capestany for availability.
Contact the DeWitt Tennis Center (616-395-4965)