Maximum players: 5
Minimum players: 3
1. The basic rules are those set forth in the NCAA basketball rule book.
2. Adjustments due to the facilities and the times available are these:
of the game - two 20 minute halves, running time with stopped clock
during the last two minutes of the last half on dead balls.
- Half time
- 5 minute duration
- Time outs - one of 1 minute in duration per half (not accumulative).
One of 30 seconds in duration in the overtime period (not sudden-death).
- one 2 minute period with stopped clock during last minute. If
ended in a tie score, shall be followed immediately by a sudden-death
the first team to score one or more points shall be declared the
- Free substitution with no gain of an unfair advantage.
4. Jump balls - will be handled by alternating possession, to be inbounded
at the sideline.
5. Fouls - There is no foul shooting during the game.
- Personal fouls on the playing court - Six personal fouls equals disqualifications.
a shooter who:
a. makes the shot - count the basket and defense gets possession under
b. misses the shot - shooter gets possession at mid-court.
a non-shooter: ball awarded to offended team at nearest sideline.
the last two minutes of the last half of regulation time and during
the last minute of overtime, all non-shooting fouls will be one-and-one;
all shooting fouls will be handled according to NCAA basketball rules
-- eg, two point shot -- two automatic free throws, dead ball on
the first, live ball on the second; three-point shot -- three auto-matic
free throws -- first two dead ball, live ball on the
- Technical foul - Three removes a player or coach from the gym. (Automatic
two points plus the ball to the offended team at mid-court. Additionally,
if a foul is flagrant, the offender(s) will be ejected from the game.
6. Protests - All protests must be made in writing and presented to
the Dow office according to IM Protest Rules #38-41 in the IM Handbook.
7. Participation rules - All teams are expected to follow IM Rules #25-30
which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly
recorded) at game time.
Running shoes and black soled shoes will NOT be allowed on the gym floor.
You must wear basketball or tennis shoes or you will not be allowed to
participate. Socks or bare feet will also not be allowed.
8. Sportsmanship rules - IM Rule #36 will be strictly enforced. Rosters
will be checked regularly. Fighting or any other unsportsmanlike action
will NOT be tolerated!
9. IM rule - Any player, non-player team personnel, or spectator under
the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked by a Dow supervisor or
the IM supervisor to leave the Dow Center.
10. Additional players may be added UP TO game time on the day of your
scheduled event. Email email@example.com or fill out a form in the Dow
11. There will be NO rescheduling or switching of contests due to a
lack of space. You may always add more players to your roster to
meet the needs of the existing schedule. We ask for your
understanding and cooperation.
12. One NO SHOW will put your team on probation. Once on
probation, either one additional no show or one forfeit will
remove your team from competition.