|hope college > student development|
Coed Racquetball Rules
Players: 2 - one male, one female
1. The rules set forth by AARA racquetball will be followed.
2. Each team will be composed of two players - one male, one female.
3. Each contest consists of doubles play. Points are given only on the serve. Teams must alternate shots between teams (not between male and female) during doubles play.
4. A game is played to 15 points with a two-point winning margin.
5. The team winning two of the three matches will be declared the victor.
6. START: To determine server of the first game, a player will stand an arm's length from the back wall and will hit the ball to the front wall. The player who gets the first bounce closest to the back service line is the first server.
7. SERVICE: The ball must be bounced and must be hit after the first bounce. Neither foot may be beyond either of the two lines until the ball is contacted on serve. In doubles, Team A (the team that won first serve) has one person serve until done. Then Team B has both players service until done. Then Team A has both players serve until done, etc.
8. REST PERIODS: No more than five minutes between the doubles match and the singles matches.
9. Game scores will be reported to the IM sports supervisor. Players will call their own games.
10. PROTESTS: All protests must be made in writing and presented to the Dow office according to IM Protest Rules #38-41 in the IM Handbook, pages 12-13.
11. PARTICIPATION RULES: All teams are expected to follow IM Rules #25-30 which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly recorded) at game time.
12. SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: IM Rule #36 & #37. IM Rule #37 will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT be tolerated!