|hope college > student development|
Coed Tennis Rules
TENNIS PLAYERS: Maximum of 2.
1. The playing rules of USTA tennis will be followed.
2. Each team will be composed of two.
3. Play doubles until one team wins eight games. The games consist of ADD scoring. If a match reaches eight all, then use the 12-pt. tiebreaker, with the winner reaching seven points first.
4. The right to serve or defend at the start of a match will be by coin toss or racket spin with serves alternating by game between opponents. Court exchanges will occur at the end of every odd game.
5. Game scores will be reported to the IM sports supervisor.
6. Substitutions may occur two times per match. They must come during game breaks.
7. PARTICIPATION RULES: All teams are expected to follow IM Rules #25-30 which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly recorded) at game time.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: IM Rule #36 & #37. IM Rule #37 will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT be tolerated!
You must wear tennis shoes. No running shoes or black-soled shoes allowed.
One NO SHOW will put your team on probation. Once on probation, either one additional no show or one forfeit will remove your team from competition.
To reschedule, you must contact Kristen Morrison or Dr. Irwin (x7956) AT LEAST 48 hours prior to the scheduled event.Reschedules requests will be fairly considered, but the limited availability of court time may hinder the granting of the request.
Additional players may be added UP TO game time on the day of your scheduled
event. Roster additions forms are in the Dow Center main office, the
IM Office, and on the IM website to firstname.lastname@example.org (www.hope.edu/student/development/intra).