|hope college > student development|
Coed Ultimate Frisbee Rules
1. Description. Ultimate is a non-contact sport played
by two seven player teams. The object of the game is to score goals.
The disc may only be moved by passing, as the thrower is not allowed
to take any steps. Any time a pass is incomplete, intercepted, knocked
down, or contacts an out-of-bounds area, a
3. Spirit of the Game. Ultimate has traditionally relied upon a spirit
of sportsmanship which places the responsibility of fair play on the
player. Competitive play is encouraged but never at the expense of the
bond of mutual respect between players, adherence to the agreed upon
rules of the game, or the basic joy of play. Protection of these vital
elements serves to eliminate
4. Captain’s Clause. A game may be played under any variations of the rules agreed upon by the captains of the two teams. In tournament play, such variations are subject to the approval of the IM supervisor.
5. Game Length. The game will consist of two 25-minute halves. If tied at the end of regulation, there will be an overtime period (not sudden death) to the end of the scheduled time. If still ties, the game ends in a tie.
6. Team Format. Captains may decide on the number of players. There will be a maximum of seven players (no more than four of one sex may play at a time), and a minimum of three players, or a team must forfeit. If the captains cannot agree, the default number will be seven players.
Roster addition forms may be done online at the IM website to email@example.com or picked up at the DOW office.