Business Club Leadership Team Application
Be a part of the team and learn valuable leadership skills.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2016–2017 Business Club Leadership Team. Application deadline is Monday, November 14, 2016.
The next team will serve January through December 2017. The current leadership team roles include:
- Director of Member Relations
- Director of Events
- Director of Finance/Secretary
- Director of Corporate Communication
- Director of Marketing/Social Media
New roles would be determined based on the skills of the team in a collective planning meeting. Applications are open to juniors, sophomores and freshmen.
This team will seek to strengthen the club’s commitment to serving business-minded Hope College students as well as the Department of Economics and Business. They will work closely with faculty advisors and the college administration while also engaging regularly with business professionals and community leaders.
Applicants should demonstrate leadership in their coursework, campus activities and ability to develop effective community relationships. They should seek to insure the mission of the Business Club (below) is achieved with increasing excellence and service.
Interested applicants should:
- Be a declared major or minor in economics, management or accounting (freshmen and sophomores must merely state “intent” to major/minor in the department
- Have a current membership in Business Club
- Maintain a suggested GPA of 3.00 or higher
To apply, submit an application letter and resume describing:
- What you hope to accomplish during your service as a leader to the club
- How your talents and experience have prepared you for this role
- Your commitment to the Business Club and Hope College mission
- Your support for the Hope College Mission (responses should specifically address the values and mission)
- Involvement in department courses, Business Club or campus community
- Your interest in “all” leadership roles or only non-President roles (you may also indicate interest in specific roles)
Your letter and resume should be addressed to Professors Doug Iverson and Stacy Jackson and be submitted to the office manager, Doreen, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 14, 2016. Applications will be evaluated by economics and business faculty with input from the current leadership team. Selections will be determined soon after Thanksgiving break.
Business Club mission statement
The Business Club at Hope provides opportunity for business-minded students of every major to challenge themselves beyond the classroom. The club focuses on providing students with hands-on experiences that enable them to understand their business interests and engage the business world more effectively. Activities include networking events, guest speakers, intercollegiate competitions, local business interactions and service opportunities. Our goal is to integrate students’ academic and professional interests helping transform business students into business professionals while maintaining the values and mission of Hope College.