IN CASE OF FIRE
- CALL Campus Safety 911
- PULL the nearest fire alarm pull box to activate the alarm and notify others of the fire.
- EXIT the building by the nearest available exit.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS TO EVACUATE.
- DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING UNTIL THE AUDIBLE FROM THE FIRE ALARM STOPS SOUNDING OR YOU ARE GIVEN PERMISSON BY FIRE SAFETY OFFICIALS.
- NOTIFY Campus Safety or Fire Department personnel of anyone trapped in the building, injured, or unaccounted for.
- REPORT all fires and fire emergencies to Campus Safety 911 or
616-395- 7770, even if the fire has been extinguished or the emergency resolved.
IF YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE BUILDING OR ARE MOBILITY IMPAIRED:
- PROCEED to the nearest available stairwell or safety phone. Keep as many fire doors closed between yourself and the fire as possible. Fire doors are located in hallways by stairwells and they keep smoke and fire out of the stairwell.
- CALL Campus Safety at 911 and notify them of your position or have someone else in the building make the contact for you. Usually there are other people in the building that can assist you.
- WAIT for the Fire Department to get you out. Their first priority is going to be life safety and making sure everyone is safely out of the building before fighting the fire.
- STAY low to the floor where the air is less toxic and wait for assistance.
REPORT ANY FIRES OR EXPLOSIONS TO
CAMPUS SAFETY 616.395.7770 OR PHYSICAL PLANT 616.395.7835