HopeHealth Benefit Coverage for 2017-2018
- Effective Dates: August 28, 2017 - December 15, 2017 and January
7, 2018 - May 4, 2018.
- All Hope students registered for 12+ credits in the
current semester automatically have the HopeHealth benefit as part
- Part-time students may choose to purchase the HopeHealth benefit
through Business Services.
- Benefit is available only during the Hope Health Center operating
- Benefit is not useable during any of the scheduled
HopeHealth Benefit to cover 100% of the following
costs when the student seeks health care in the Hope Health center, up
to a maximum of $1,000 per student per school year.
1. Sickness visits to Hope Health Center
- Office visit fees for mental health and acute/chronic illnesses are
- Exposure to communicable disease and/or sexually transmitted disease
is covered. Screening testing may be limited to once per school year.
- Radiology and/or laboratory fees related to the office visit when
ordered by health center staff.
2. Injury visits to Hope Health Center
- Office visit fees for injuries are covered.
- Radiology fees related to office visit when ordered by health center
- To include the cost for on-site supplies such as slings, braces,
wraps, splints, etc.
- Athletic Trainer visits for the non-collegiate athlete - limited
to 4 visits per injury.
3. Women's Health Care visits to Hope Health Center
- Yearly exam and fees associated with laboratory testing ordered by
health center staff
4. Prescription medications that are dispensed from the Hope
Health Center will be covered with the following conditions:
- The student will be assessed a prescription medicine co-pay, based
upon the cost of the medication, using the following scale:
Medications up to $50 = $5 co-pay
Medication cost of $51 - $100 = $10 co-pay
Medication cost of $101 - $150 = $20 co-pay
Medication cost over $150 = $30 co-pay
The maximum benefit to be used toward prescription medications is
$500 per student per school year (not including the cost of the
Only prescription medications dispensed from the Hope Health Center
pharmacy are to be covered.
- Prescriptions may be dispensed in up to 30-day amounts.
5. Preventive Services provided at Hope Health Center
- TB skin testing is covered with a maximum of one test per school
- Athletic physicals for recognized college teams.
- Immunizations that are required for attendance at Hope College are
covered. Yearly flu vaccine is covered.
6. Off Campus Referrals Available under the Hope Health benefit
when pre-approved by Hope Health Center staff:
- Lakeshore Health Partners South Washington Family Medicine
- Behavioral Health Services
- Office visits covered at 100% after a $20 co-pay per visit.
7. HopeHealth benefit will not cover the following: (students
should refer to their major medical coverage.)
- Travel immunizations*
- Emergency Room and/or Urgent Care Centers
- Referrals to off campus specialists excluding the two listed above.
- Physical therapy
- MRI and/or CT Scan or ultrasound
- ADD and/or ADHD diagnosis, follow-up, and treatment
- Wart treatment
- Medications not carried on-site in the health center
- Dental related injury/illness and medications associated therewith
- Laboratory fees related to home doctor lab orders*
- Physicals for study-abroad, work or camp requirements*
8. Academic Class Requirements
- Laboratory testing required for academic classes will be covered
if performed in the Hope Health Center.
*Service is available at the Hope Health Center. Students may choose
to pay for the service or have fees placed onto their student account.
An insurance statement can be requested if students wish to submit the
charges to their major medical insurance for reimbursement.