- BEFORE the proposal is developed, determine if the project will require an institutional match/commitment for dollars, equipment, staff, or maintenance during or after the project period.
We are especially interested in any commitments beyond the grant period to sustain the project.
If the project requires such a commitment, you must receive written approval by the administrator who will be responsible for the actual or in-kind cost (ie. Chair, Dean, Provost and/or VP of Finance) before developing the full proposal. This approval is obtained with the completion of the institutional cost-share form. An electronic copy should be sent to the SRO Director.
- One month prior to deadline:
A. Inform your Chairperson and SRO of your project using the Early Notification Form. This form is required for all external grant/fellowship proposals submitted from Hope College.
B. Complete all Human Subjects Review Board (HSRB) forms if human subjects will be involved or surveys will be collected by participants.
The National Science Foundation requires all proposals to have IRB approval or exemption if your assessment includes student surveys. Forms for animal research are located on the Hope College Animal Care and Use Committee (HCACUC) site.
C. NSF and NIH applicants must complete the CITI conflict of interest course and disclosure form for each project.
- If you wish to apply to a private foundation, you must be approved by the SRO to contact the foundation. This is to assure the foundation isn't being considered as a potential funding source by the Development office.
- Two weeks prior to the deadline, you must receive FINAL budget approval from the SRO.
- One week prior to deadline:
A. Contact the SRO to determine a date and time the proposal will be submitted. All electronic submissions must be performed by the SRO unless it is an individual fellowship. We encourage early submissions by noon on the due date to allow for technical issues.
- If your awarded grant will be making a purchase in excess of $100,000, a suspension and debarment form must be completed by the company PRIOR to the purchase.
See the assurances/certifications page for more details.