Prior to submitting your proposal you must have completed the following checklist:
- Inform your department Chairperson/ Dean and SRO of your intentions to seek external funding using the Early Notification Form at least one month prior to submission.
- Be a registered user on the given electronic submission system. The SRO can assist you.
- Provide a proposal draft and final budget to the SRO Director at least one week prior to the deadline
- Contact the Sponsored Research Office (X7316) to determine the submission date/time.
- Check, double check and check again that the proposal is in compliance with the guidelines!
Contact Ron Fleischmann (email@example.com) to discuss a submission via the Grants.gov Workspace System. Submissions to the National Science Foundation should continue to be routed through FastLane.
Prior to any proposal submissions to foundations, the primary investigator (PI) must receive permission from the SRO. If permitted, please follow their guidelines. Each foundation has different submission requirements. More foundations are requiring electronic submissions but many still require a hard copy.