Flourishing programs in 80+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. A 2014 Division III national championship. 94% placement within 6 months of graduation. There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,150 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- Masterful teachers and talented researchers engage students in small classes and one-on-one collaboration (11:1 student:faculty ratio)
- 1,800+ internships and 300+ study abroad opportunities in over 60 countries provide a global perspective
- 94% of graduates join the workforce or enroll in graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- 80+ engaging student groups are marked by tradition, service and enthusiasm
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just a 10-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2018–19 costs for tuition, room and board total $44,320. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $4,500–$22,000 per year, as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
I figured out a while ago that I should spend my life solving problems and so I’m pursuing enginee...Read More
When your parents first drop you off at Hope, it is hard to imagine that you might not want to go ba...Read More
By Kristyn Bochniak, Associate Dean for Residential Life and Education Picture it: You are a high s...Read More
By: Monica Teuthorn Going into the college search, there were a lot of things I didn’t know. There...Read More
I constantly receive questions about how and why I ended up in Michigan all the way from Texas. Peop...Read More
By: Rourke Mullins “If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do someth...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 4,375Total Applications Received
Hope received 4,375 applications for Fall 2017.Apply Now
- 1220Average Admitted Student SAT Score
For Fall 2017, the average admitted student’s combined SAT score was 1220, and the middle 50% ranged from 1120–1310.
- 89%First Year Retention Rate
Hope students are happy with their college decision! 89% remain here after their freshman year.
- 87%Four Year Graduation Rate
We’d like you to spend just the right amount of time here — no less, no more. 87% of Hope graduates graduate in 4 years or less; well above the national average and second overall in Michigan.