Flourishing programs in 80+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. A 2014 Division III national championship. 94% placement within 6 months of graduation. There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,150 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- Masterful teachers and talented researchers engage students in small classes and one-on-one collaboration (11:1 student:faculty ratio)
- 1,800+ internships and 300+ study abroad opportunities in over 60 countries provide a global perspective
- 94% of graduates join the workforce or enroll in graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- 80+ engaging student groups are marked by tradition, service and enthusiasm
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just a 10-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2018–19 costs for tuition, room and board total $44,320. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $4,500–$22,000 per year, as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
For many high school seniors and their families, the college selection process includes a comparison...Read More
Paying for college is a big concern for many families, but fear not: as you may have heard, there’...Read More
Hope is a school filled with both goofy and revered traditions (which is part of the reason I was so...Read More
Fraternities and sororities are a huge part of going to college in America. No matter where you go t...Read More
I love residential life on Hope College’s campus maybe just a little too much. Over the last three...Read More
Feel like you’re swimming in questions about searching for the right college? You’re not alone! ...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 4,375Total Applications Received
Hope received 4,375 applications for Fall 2017.Apply Now
- 1220Average Admitted Student SAT Score
For Fall 2017, the average admitted student’s combined SAT score was 1220, and the middle 50% ranged from 1120–1310.
- 89%First Year Retention Rate
Hope students are happy with their college decision! 89% remain here after their freshman year.
- 87%Four Year Graduation Rate
We’d like you to spend just the right amount of time here — no less, no more. 87% of Hope graduates graduate in 4 years or less; well above the national average and second overall in Michigan.