We encourage all members of the Hope community to practice CDC recommendations for social distancing, hand washing and other steps to protect yourself and others.
The Hope College student who was experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 the week of March 9 has tested negative for the virus. Thank you for your prayers and support, both for the student and for the college.
Become familiar with the symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath. (Don’t panic — the presence of these symptoms does not mean you have COVID-19!)
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19
- Students who remain on campus:
Contact the Hope College Health Center at 616.395.7585. (Note: The Health Center is not physically open during spring break due to work being performed in the Dow; check the Health Center website for information about services over the break.) The Health Center will consult with the Ottawa County Department of Public Health for specific guidance, and you may be asked to come to the Health Center for an evaluation and/or test. It is critical that you call the Health Center before arriving in person.
- Students who have gone home:
Contact your family physicain for guidance.
Contact your family physician for guidance. You can also call the Holland Hospital COVID-19 Hotline (616.394.2080) if you feel you may need to be tested. If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms or you are ordered to be quarantined, please remember to notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
Whether you are a student or an employee, your local health department will play an important role with your healthcare provider in determinging next steps.
Employees and students should stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Prescription Refills for Students
Take everyday precautions to prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM STEERING COMMITTEE
Submit questions about Hope’s preparation for COVID-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org