There are many resources to support the Hope community during this time.
Here's what you can do to contribute to the health of our campus community:
- Stay informed. If you can't find the information you’re seeking on the Hope website, submit your questions to email@example.com.
- Protect your community. Stay home if you’re sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Go for the elbow bump. Instead of handshakes and hugs, exchange smiles, waves and elbow bumps.
- Be encouraging and show grace with your colleagues and students.
While Hope College is operating remotely, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is available to help in the following ways:
- For students who are on campus: CAPS will be available for phone counseling from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. To speak with a counselor, call CAPS at 616.395.7945. A CAPS counselor is also available after hours to speak on the phone with students experiencing mental health emergencies. To access the CAPS on-call counselor, contact Campus Safety at 616.395.7770 and ask to speak with the CAPS on-call counselor.
- For students who are off campus: CAPS will be available for phone consultation from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to assist in providing counseling referrals for students in their home location. To get help with a referral, contact CAPS at 616.395.7945. If you are away from campus and experience a mental health emergency, contact 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Faculty and staff can call the Employees Assistance Center at 800.224.0905. This voluntary program offers free work/life resources, assistance and confidential counseling sessions (six visits) to employees and members of their household facing and working through personal or work-related issues to achieve work/life balance.
Campus Health Email Archive
- June 25, 2020
- June 19, 2020
- May 20,2020
- May 1, 2020
- April 24, 2020
- April 20, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- April 9, 2020
- April 3, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- March 16, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
These external resources provide up-to-date information on COVID-2019:
- Ottawa County Department of Public Health
- State of Michigan - Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of State – Coronavirus
- WHO - World Health Organization
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE (heat map)
- U.S. Department of Education - Resources for educators
- U.S. Department of Labor - Workplace preparation
COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM STEERING COMMITTEE
Submit questions about Hope’s preparation for COVID-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org