There are many resources to support the Hope community during this time.
Here's what you can do to contribute to the health of our campus community:
- Stay informed. If you can't find the information you’re seeking on the Hope website, submit your questions to email@example.com.
- Protect your community. Stay home if you’re sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Go for the elbow bump. Instead of handshakes and hugs, exchange smiles, waves and elbow bumps.
- Bring home your laptop (if you have one) every night... just to be prepared!
- Be encouraging and show grace with your colleagues and students.
- Hope College Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides support for students who have experiences they cannot fully resolve on their own. CAPS is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1 p.m.–5 p.m. Students can contact CAPS at 616.395.7945 to schedule a same-day appointment with a staff counselor.
- The Fried Center for Global Engagement offers services and support for international students and students studying off campus.
- Faculty and staff can call the Employees Assistance Center at 800.224.0905. This voluntary program offers free work/life resources, assistance and confidential counseling sessions (six visits) to employees and members of their household facing and working through personal or work-related issues to achieve work/life balance.
Campus Health Email Archive
These external resources provide up-to-date information on COVID-2019:
- Ottawa County Department of Public Health
- State of Michigan - Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of State – Coronavirus
- WHO - World Health Organization
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE (heat map)
- U.S. Department of Education - Resources for educators
- U.S. Department of Labor - Workplace preparation
COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM STEERING COMMITTEE
Submit questions about Hope’s preparation for COVID-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org