Greg BassettLecturer in Philosophy
Greg has taught at Hope College since 2012. He primarily teaches an interdisciplinary course, though he occasionally teaches Philosophy of Art and Ancient Philosophy.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Greg's research interests are primarily focused on ethics and action theory, including topics such as weakness of will and the relationship of desire and action.
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 2008
- M.M., New England Conservatory, 1999
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 1993
- “Incontinence and Perception,” Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, Vol. 16, Issue 5, November 2013
- “Abstract Thought in Engineering and Science: Theory and Design,” with John Krupczak, Jr., Philosophical Perspectives on Engineering and Technological Literacy, 2014