Sarah BastMusic Accompanist
Sarah Bast has been an accompanist at Hope since 2014. She works with music faculty, staff and students playing in recitals, juries, studio classes, rehearsals and lessons. She is also a member of Trio Sospiro with Hope colleagues Gabe and Sarah Southard.
- M.M., piano performance, University of Michigan, 2004
- B.M., piano performance, St. Olaf College, 2002
Prior to Hope, Sarah was a private piano instructor in Ann Arbor, a graduate student instructor at the University of Michigan and a piano instructor at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor’s Conservatory community music program in Belton, Texas.
Awards and Recognition
- Performed at the International Double Reed Society and National Flute Association conferences with Trio Sospiro, 2016
- Senior Soloist Competition winner with the St. Olaf Orchestra, 2002
- Winner of the MTNA Collegiate Piano Competition in Minnesota, 2001
Why I Love Hope College
Sarah loves being involved in music at Hope. She especially enjoys getting to know students and watching them grow as musicians over their time here.
Outside the College
Sarah lives in Holland with her husband, Peter, and their three children. She also enjoys reading, gardening and baking bread.