Cathy BlackburnSenior Philanthropy Advisor Arts and Humanities
Cathy has been a part of the Development and Alumni Engagement staff since December 2014. She is here to help alumni, friends and families of Hope College discover how they can make a positive difference in the lives of Hope students by financially supporting an area about which they are passionate. She covers the states of:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
In addition she is one of the representatives for Chicago, Kalamazoo and West Michigan.
- Community services director, Freedom Village Holland, 2005–2014
- Communications director, Holland Area Chamber of Commerce, 1996–2005
- Communications specialist, Ottawa Area Intermediate School District, 1989–1996
- Certification in institutes for organizational management, Notre Dame, 2001
- B.A., communications and education, minor in English, Hope College, 1989
why Do You Love Hope?
Hope College has always been a part of Cathy's life. She was a third-generation Hope graduate and her children are now the fourth generation. Hope provided her with the knowledge and confidence to go after her dreams and the desire to make a positive difference in the world. Academically, spiritually and socially, Hope helped her be the person she is today.
Outside the College
Cathy and her husband, Tim, have three beautiful children that make her proud each day. She serves as volunteer president of Senior Marketing Group – The Lakeshore Area. She loves theater, sports, reading, nature and exploring northern, lower Michigan.