Christopher BohleAssociate Director of Student Life
Chris' role focuses on supporting students’ academic experiences by integrating classroom and out-of-the-classroom experiences. This includes student groups, the Summer Bridge Program and the First Generation Student Union.
Chris also teaches in the leadership minor in the Center for Leadership. His class focuses on leadership theory, social identity and social change.
- M.Ed., education leadership and policy studies, Loyola University Chicago, 2011
- B.A., communication, Spring Arbor University, 2008
Chris is a Gallup Certified CliftonStrengths Coach and is an avid reader of Enneagram research and application. Chris’s top five strengths are Futuristic, Communication, Woo, Input and Strategic.
Chris has also served as a research associate for the Multi-Institutional Study of Leadership and as a freelance contractor with the higher education marketing company EducationDynamics.
Awards and Recognition
Chris was awarded the Annuit Coeptis Emerging Professional Award from the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) in 2012. This nationwide award is given annually for contributions to fields of administration, teaching, research and publication.
- “Thriving in transition: Summer initiatives supporting first-year retention and success,” National Conference on the First-Year Experience, Orlando, February 2016
- “Creating possibilities through the developmental sequencing of leadership programs,” ACPA International Annual Convention, 2012
- “The integration of curricular and co-curricular offices to advance institutional mission and strategic plans,” Association for Christians in Student Development (ACSD) Annual Convention, 2011
- “The role of social perspective-taking on college students’ capacities for socially responsible leadership,” ACPA: International Annual Convention, 2011
- “Formalized student leadership programs: An empirical exploration of program effectiveness,” ACSD Annual Convention, 2010
- “Leadership legacies: Influences of formal leadership program,” National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) Annual Convention, 2010
- Multi-Institutional Study of Leadership Insight Report: Leadership Program Delivery, National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs, 2013
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- “The Role of Social Perspective Taking in Developing Students’ Leadership Capacities,” Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice, 2014
- “Being Process Oriented,” Exploring Leadership for College Students Who Want to Make a Difference: Facilitation and Activity Guide, Jossey-Bass, 2013
- “Influences of Leadership Program Participation on Students’ Capacities for Socially Responsible Leadership,” Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice, 2011
- “The Multi-Institutional Study of Leadership: An Update on the 2012 Instrument Revision,” NASPA Student Leadership Knowledge Community Newsletter, 2011
- “Review of The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner’s Semester at America’s Holiest University,” Koinonia, 2010