Mark DeWittSenior Director of Principal Gifts
Mark began working at Hope in 2005 and served, until recently, as senior director of corporate and foundation relations. He was the development project lead for the Jack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts, dedicated in 2015, and coordinates the Patrons for the Arts program, providing grants for all of the fine arts and Hope Summer Repertory Theatre. Mark is pleased to draw constituents closer to the life of the college as senior director for principal gifts.
- Certified Fundraising Executive, 2014
- M.M., Aquinas College, 2000
- B.A., sociology, Hope College, 1987
Mark has experience as a marketing and sales executive with industry leaders in tax, legal, higher education, entertainment, sports marketing and information technology. He also serves as a Grand Rapids Community College Adjunct Professor in Business.
Presentations and recognitions
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) conference presenter, corporate and foundation relations officer (organized committee and newcomers workshop)
- HASP presentation, "Steinway piano and Casavant organ acquisition"
- SCUP presentation, Ohio State University — "Trumpeting a New Era in Music Excellence: Town/Gown Relationships That Encourage Partnerships"
- Chair member of committee to merge Holland and Zeeland Chamber of Commerce into Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, 2012
Why I love Hope
Mark is a third-generation graduate of Hope, making it an integral part of his DNA. Hope's offerings of academic rigor, rich history, exceptional co-curricular opportunities, ecumenical Christian spirit, expanded world view and an inviting campus transcend generations.
Outside the college
Mark is a musician, playing both piano and organ. He also enjoys cycling, participating in group rides and completing metric century races. He is the husband to Dr. Dawn DeYoung ’92 DeWitt and father to Seth, Skylar and Seanna.