Sheri GeddesAssociate Professor of Accounting
Sheri Geddes joined the business and economics department in 2013. She primarily teaches individual taxation, corporate taxation, managerial accounting and cost accounting. Her research interests are retirement preparation and financial literacy.
Sheri has prior work experience at multiple Fortune 500 companies and prior teaching experience.
- University of Iowa
Grants and Awards
- NetVUE Vocation Grant, 2021
- Jacob E. Nyenhuis Faculty/Student Research Grant, 2020
- Jacob E. Nyenhuis Faculty/Student Research Grant, 2015
- Frost Center Faculty/Student Research Grant, 2014
- J. Dennis Hastert Center for Economics, Government, and Public Policy Grant for Equipping Strategic Professors, 2014
- Best Practice Presentation Award at the annual Christian Business Faculty Association Conference held in Lakeland, Florida, 2010
- Teaching Excellence Award from Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan, 2007
- “The Argument for Teaching Financial Literacy at Higher Education Institutions,” Michigan Academician, 2016
- “Helping Employees Save for Retirement: What is the Responsibility of Christian Higher-Education Institutions?” Christian Business Academy Review, 2014
- “And Then The Roof Caved In,” Christian Business Academy Review, 2011
- “Cost Accounting and the Easy-Bake Oven,” Christian Business Academy Review, 2011