Harvey KoedykerRegional Development Director
Harv began at Hope College in 2001 as a regional advancement director. His responsibilites include reaching out to donors and potential donors to Hope College and learning what may or may not work for them depending upon their desire to give and/or life situations. He then responds to each donor based on these aspects to create a plan that works best for each individual or family.
He currently services donors and potential donors in:
- West Michigan
- North and South Dakota
- B.S., business and communications, minor in economics, Hope College, 1982
- Regional Advancement Director 2001–present, Hope College
- Various roles, Prince Corporation/Johnson Controls, Holland, MI, 1991–2001
- Independent Insurance Agent, Eylander Insurance Agency, Dyer, IN, 1987–1991
- Independent Insurance Agent, Cla-Sum Insurance Agency, Calumet City IL, 1983–1987
- Busines Manager, Calumet City Chamber of Commerce, 1983–1987
why do you love hope?
Harv enjoys being able to make a difference in the progression of Hope College and the students who attend the school. Being able to witness the effects of the work that the faculty, staff, students and donors put in is rewarding. He enjoys meeting people and learning their life story, and sees Hope as is a place where many extremely accomplished people have humbly done great things and changed the lives of others.
outside of hope
Harv participates in sports, including basketball, golf and baseball, and he enjoys taking part in anything athletic. He enjoys traveling, family and variety in his life, which includes working around the yard and shoveling snow in the winter with his wife. He says that simply being involved in all that living in West Michigan is among his favorite things about living in the area.