Kristin Underhill ’95 began working for the Department of Art and Art History in October 2002. Her responsibilities include coordinating department events, managing department website and social media accounts, and maintaining records, files, budgets and supplies. Kristin also assists the gallery director with programming and events related to exhibitions in the gallery, and works with guest artists to help facilitate installations in the De Pree Gallery.
- B.A., art history, Hope College, 2015
- B.A., technical theatre, Hope College, 1995
Professional & Volunteer Experience
Kristin co-curated "Kcymaerxthaere" exhibition with artist Eames Demetrios in the De Pree Gallery in 2015.
Kristin continues to volunteer with SiTE:LAB to help create site-specific installations with visiting artists in Grand Rapids during ArtPrize. She also works with Strike Time Dance Company at Hope College to create backdrops for their touring productions.
During the pandemic, Kristin made more than 1,600 masks that were sent to frontline workers across the United States.
Awards and Recognition
- Set designer for Fortune Lake Lutheran Camp’s 90th Anniversary musical, One Wonderful Day, 2021
- Work exhibited at “The Spring Gallery Show” at Purdue University Polytechnic Institute, 2019 and 2021
- Work exhibited at the 84th Regional Exhibition at the Muskegon Museum of Art in 2012
- Work exhibited at the "The Sights and Sounds of Christmas" exhibition at the Fire Barn Gallery in Grand Haven, December 2012
- Work exhibited twice during Grand Haven ArtWalk events
- Girl Scouts 25 Years of Service pin