Place Materials on Course Reserve
The purpose of course reserves is to facilitate student access to readings and other materials for classes at Hope College.
- Plan Ahead
- Any material you want available for your class during the semester should be placed on Reserve at the beginning of the term. This blocks the material from circulating through MeL and prevents the possibility of the material not being here when you need it.
- Allow the library a minimum of three days to process the materials for your course. Only specially trained staff are able to process Reserves.
- Items submitted after noon on Friday will not be processed until the next week.
- You may scan some photocopied materials into your Moodle course, which is password protected. For assistance, contact CIT.
- Fill Out the Form
- Complete the Reserves Request Form for each course you need Reserve materials for.
- If you would prefer to submit your course reserves by hand, use the printable form instead.
- Indicate on the form how you want the items to circulate:
- 4 Hour Library Use Only (Students use this material in the library, one item at a time. Faculty may check it out for 24 hours and use it outside of the library)
- 24 Hour Check Out (Students and faculty can check this material out of the library for 24 hours)
- 4 Day Check Out (Students and faculty can check this material out of the library for 3 days)
- Submit the Material
- When you fill out the form, please make sure the list is accurate regarding titles, authors, call numbers and volume numbers so that library staff can find the exact items you want.
- The library will work with faculty to ensure that copyrighted materials meet the criteria for fair use or obtain permission to place material on reserve.
The library will take all materials off reserve at the end of each semester unless other arrangements have been made with the professor.