Hope ranked high in several statistical categories on a national level during the 2009 football season, according to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
There are 235 football-playing teams in NCAA Division III.
* Hope ranked 33rd in rushing offense by averaging 203.80 yards per game.
* The team was 50th in total offense by averaging 402.9 yards per game.
* Hope's defense was 13th nationally in sacks allowed yielding just seven in 10 games.
* The Flying Dutchmen averaged 21.2 yards per kickoff return to rank 44th.
* Junior Tim Elzinga ranked 34th among all Division III running backs with an average of 103.8 yards per game. He was 30th in all-purpose yardage per game (114.6) and 57th in scoring (7.8 points per game).
* Junior quarterback Chris Feyes ranked 71st in total offense averaging 227.3 yards per game.
* Junior receiver Kyle Dietrich was 69th in receiving yards averaging 80.5 yards per game.
* Junior linebacker Zach Jones was 9th in tackles per game (12.2) while sophomore safety Kyle Warren was 25th (10.8).