Hope College Places 19th In Final Learfield Directors’ Cup Standings
Hope College has earned its second-highest finish in the Learfield Directors’ Cup NCAA Division III all-sports standings for the 2016-17 school year.
Hope College totaled 550 points during NCAA competition for 19th place — its best performance since a 12th-place effort during the 2005-06 school year.
This is Hope College’s third Top-20 finish since the National Association of Collegiate Directors of America began the program for Division III schools in the 1995-96 school year.
Hope College also finished 20th during the 2006-07 school year.
The Learfield Directors' Cup is a program that honors institutions maintaining a broad-based program, achieving success in many sports, both men's and women's.
Each institution is awarded points in a predetermined number of sports for men and women. In Division III, nine men's sports and nine women's sports are counted.
Hope College has finished in the top 70 among 450 Division III programs each year since the program was started for Division III.
Hope College scored in 11 different sports by qualifying for NCAA postseason competition.
Hope College's Learfield Directors' Cup Point Scorers
- Men’s Golf, 6th (73.5 points)
- Women’s Golf, 11th (57 points)
- Softball, 17th (50 points)
- Women’s Tennis, 17th (50 points)
- Women’s Track & Field, 24th (47.5 points)
- Men’s Basketball, 9th (64 points)
- Women’s Basketball, 9th (64 points)
- Men’s Swimming & Diving, 47th (26.5 points)
- Women’s Cross Country, 10th (67.5 points)
- Women’s Soccer, 33rd (25 points)
- Women’s Volleyball, 33rd (25 points)