The Boerigter Center offers support and resources to help all students and alumni with their academic and career needs.
The following resources are updated frequently. Group-specific resources are listed on the left side of this page. Additional resources and support are available through the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
To schedule an appointment with the Boerigter Center, please log in to Handshake.
- Best Practices – Diversity in the Workplace
- Hope College Community Groups
- Asian Student Union
- Black Student Union
- Disability and Accessibility Resources
- Hope Advocates for Invisible Conditions
- Lambda Delta Pi Leadership Community
- Men's Enrichment Network
- Women of Color United
- Latino Student Organization
- Pan African Student Association
- Phelps Scholars
- Women in Science and Engineering
- General Scholarship Opportunities
- General Job Websites
- Professional Organizations
- Laws & Publications
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Here is a starter list for you to begin to generate ideas for your interview questions specifically related to DEI:
For candidates who believe that DEI matters, it is important to ensure that they are working within a company whose values match theirs. “… a company that truly values DEI”:
- Has made commitments to foster a safe and healthy work environment
- Is taking actionable steps to improve representation across all levels and titles
- Holds leaders, managers and employees accountable for actions and behaviors
- Has sought to center equity through all aspects of the employee process — recruitment, training and development, promotions, pay, benefits and more
Possible questions from students to prospective employers:*
- How does your organization define diversity? What lenses of diversity has your organization made a direct commitment toward?
- Does your organization have a chief diversity officer (CDO) or a designated leader to drive DEI and engage internal and external stakeholders?
- Has your organization made any formal commitments in support of racial equity?
- How does your organization center diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging?
- Does your organization offer any formal employee training around biases, anti-racism or general DEI?
- Does your organization have any affinity groups or committees to support diverse populations? If so, how do these groups contribute to the culture of the organization?
- What resources has your organization provided to its employees in support of COVID-19 and racial injustices?
*Adapted from the NACE online article, “Questions Students May Ask to Assess Your Organization's Commitment to DEI.”
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetSuite 136Holland, MI 49423