The Career Development Center is committed to building strong employer relations.
We support every discipline on campus, and our candidate pool includes undergraduate students pursuing full-time positions and/or competitive internships.
Through our free online system, Handshake, employers can post a job or internship.
- POSTING A JOB OR INTERNSHIP
Login or create your accountIf posting an unpaid internship, it must meet the six criteria required by the U.S. Department of Labor. See the National Association of Colleges and Employers Position Statement on U.S. internships for further details. Third-party recruiters must adhere to all terms and conditions set forth in the Third-Party Recruitment Policy.
- EMPLOYER INTERNSHIP TRAININGS
A well run internship program can do wonderful things for your organization! Whether you need a succession plan, innovative ideas and thinking, or are looking to help groom the next generation of talent, an internship program could be just what you need.
West Michigan colleges and universities have teamed up with internship expert, Cindy Brown of Hello West Michigan to provide you with two free training opportunities to help your program succeed.
Employer Internship Training DATES
These sessions are ideal for organizations looking to start an internship program.
- July 26, 8:30–11:30 a.m., Grand Rapids, Davenport University
- August 8, 8:30–11:30 a.m., Grand Rapids, Aquinas College
- September 14, 8:30–11:30 a.m., Grand Rapids, Grand Valley State University
- October 11, 8:30–11:30 a.m., Grand Rapids, Cornerstone University
- November 2, 8:30–11:30 a.m., Grand Rapids, Davenport University
- January 9, 1–4 p.m., Grand Rapids, Calvin College
- February 13, 1-4 p.m., Muskegon, Muskegon Community College
- March 22, 8:30–11:30 a.m., Holland, Hope College
- April 19, 8:30–11:30 a.m., Grand Rapids, Grand Valley State University
The ideal time to attend a training is two–three months prior to bringing an intern on board.
Space is limited. RSVP online today!
- ON-CAMPUS RECRUITING
The Career Development Center coordinates all on-campus recruiting through a web-based interview scheduling system on Handshake.
- INFORMATION SESSIONS
- CAREER FAIRS AND EVENTS
We host several events for employers to engage with students on campus throughout the year, including:
- STEM Meet and Greet
- Communication Meet and Greet
- Internship Fair
- Gap Year Fair
- Business Fair
- Speed Networking for the Arts and Humanities