Women of Color and Senior Recognition
Open to the entire campus community, Women of Color and Senior Recognition celebrates the accomplishments of graduating seniors. This event consists of awards and recognitions of graduating seniors as well as presentations by four outstanding female seniors.
Senior Recognition Awards
- Women of Color Speakers
This event celebrates graduates of color at Hope and features four female graduates as keynote speakers who share their experiences, challenges and triumphs at Hope, and leaves Hope with recommendations for continuous improvement on the racial climate for students of color. This event contributes significantly to retention and graduation, students are empowered by the stories and accomplishments of the graduates; and how they persevered during difficult times. This event allows them to see the overall impact Hope had on their lives and success.
- 2018: Diana Cortés, Sieun Ruth Lee, Naomi Scott, Curissa Sutherland-Smith
- 2017: Natalie Brown, Kirsten Kettler, Monica Muñoz, Audrey Jihee Park
- 2016: Jocabed Garduño, Paulena Khorn, Anna Kremer, Alexis-Simone Rivers
- 2015: Chanae Brown, Amanda Porter, Shirly Samuel, Regina Sanchez-Gonzalez
- 2014: Claudia Armijo, Kelsey Herbert, Selina Long, Ashley Weatherspoon
- 2013: Iliana Garcia, Angelina Matthews, Kristin Stevenson, and Kathleen Tolentino
- Global Awareness and Involvement Award
This award is in recognition and appreciation of a commitment to learning about international perspectives and for an exceptional understanding of one's role as a global citizen, as well as for actively engaging in opportunities that encourage peers to develop global awareness and understanding.
- 2018: Ismael Byers, Alejandra Gómez Limón, Sinwoo Lee, Naomi Scott
- 2017: Ireana Cook, Monica Celina Muñoz
- 2016: Micah Gargala, Mikar Lopez
- 2015: Alyssa Guzman, Benedict Fils-Aime
- 2014: Amelia "Mia" Townsend, Arnaud Muhimpundu
- 2013: Sa'eed Husaini, Brenda Cuellar, Blake Soulet, Crystal Hooper
- Diversity and Inclusion Award
This award is in recognition and appreciation of contributions to building a diverse and inclusive campus community, including leadership in multicultural student organizations, hosting, and participating in panels and other leadership roles in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- 2018: Diana Cortés, Angelique M. Hines, Sieun Ruth Lee
- 2017: Nathaniel Nelson, Audrey Jihee Park, Mary Salguero Palma
- 2016: Jordan Hill, Paulena Khorn
- 2015: Laura Rodriguez
- 2014: Claudia Armijo, Monica Chhum
- 2013: Sherri Smith
- Extra Mile Award
This award is in recognition and appreciation for positive energy brought to the student body and the Hope community, as well as sacrificial service and diligence in promoting the institution's mission, vision and goals.
- 2018: Anthony Nguyen, Lucely Reyes, Jada Royer, Brandon Wolliston
- 2017: Angelique Gaddy, Julian Gonzalez
- 2016: Carl Deeg, Israel Hipolito
- 2015: Ashton Shelton
- 2014: Divya Dhailwal, Sasha Balcazar
- 2013: La'Shawn Donelson
- Academic Excellence Award
This award is in recognition of excellent scholastic record, commitment to lifelong learning and positive impact on the lives of others.
- 2018: Rachel Anderson, Mahalia Damm, Matiana Medrano, Joshua Nkonge
- 2017: Ireana Cook, Christopher Da Silva, Emilio V. Isasi, Joshua Chun Wah Kam, Nathan Long, Brenda Mora, Elizabeth Mummert, Reinie Deone Thomas
- 2016: Ivy Keen, Roudeland Metellus
- 2015: Miriam Thomas
- 2014: Selina Long, Sheri McCormack, Sara Sanchez
- 2013: Hanna Ogawa, Faith DeVries, Rachel Elzinga
- Student Leadership, Service and Advocacy Award
This award is in recognition and appreciation for outstanding service and leadership to the student body and Hope College, as well as significant contributions and dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 2018: Maria G. Garcia Reyes, Alejandra Gómez Limón, Curissa Sutherland-Smith
- 2017: Christopher Da Silva, Jean Luc Miralda, Tyson Walton
- 2016: Sarah Harvin, Jesus Romero, Alexis Rivers
- 2015: Jacqueline Herrera, Amena Wallace
- 2014: Kelsey Herbert, Kian Hashemi-Rad, Kate Pritchard
- Christ-Centered Award
This award is in recognition of faithful, Christ-centered and servant leadership as well as the ways in which one has modeled and lived out his or her faith at Hope College.
- 2018: Andrea Ramirez, Nia Stringfellow
- 2017: Natalie A. Brown, Kirsten Kettler, Sehyun Park, Colin Whitehead
- 2016: Betel Mulat
- 2015: Izamar Mandujano, Andre Gilchrist
- 2014: Chikara Soto
Bultman Student Center115 East 12th StreetSuite 107Holland, MI 49423