Welcome to the home of all Hope-related camps, where we’re sure to have something for everybody, no matter what your interests are!
Summer 2020 Update
No matter the nature of the program or the age of participants, all events on campus will follow specific guidelines and protocols for the health and safety of all involved (e.g., physical distancing, face coverings, hygiene practices, and regular cleaning of surfaces and shared spaces).
- Athletic camps: Athletic camps are working closely with the Events and Conferences Office (ECO) and the Safety, Health and Operations Subcommittee to plan for modified camp programs in accordance with CDC guidelines and state orders. Plans vary by sport, please click on the sport you are interested in for more current information.
- Awakening: Awakening V is postponed until 2021. Jim DeBoer is working to engage Awakening students this summer through video-based opportunities and monthly online gatherings.
- CASA: There will be no CASA programs on campus this summer.
- DeWitt Tennis Center: The outdoor portion of the Tennis Center will open for the Hope Tennis Academy this Monday, June 15. Jorge Capestany has worked with the Safety, Health and Operations Subcommittee to develop a detailed list of protocols for all staff and guests. This is one of the first on-campus programs to resume; given that tennis is a low-contact sport with a minimal number of participants, the oversight of precautionary protocols is manageable.
- The Dow Center: The Dow will remain closed to all users through the summer. The Dow’s closure will remain in place even if a future order from Governor Whitmer lifts restrictions on indoor fitness centers and recreation centers. As we plan for the reopening of the Dow Center, we anticipate that it will open for students, faculty and staff before it opens to our external community members.
- ExploreHope: ExploreHope Summer Camps kicked off their virtual activities this week with an Exploration Box program for elementary-age students. In the coming weeks, several middle school camps will begin, in collaboration with Holland Public Schools and the Step Up afterschool program. ExploreHope is also planning to welcome high school students to campus in July to explore health professions as part of a partnership with the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Upward Bound: Upward Bound is offering a six-week virtual program that will meet Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to noon. Some programming may be added later this summer.
- Other summer programs: Most of Hope's “regular” external camps, including Christ in Youth (CIY) and Cecchetti Ballet, have been canceled. At this point, we have asked ECO to not book any more summer events on campus, including weddings. The weddings that were booked prior to the spring may continue as planned, provided they follow the state’s most recent executive orders.
Join ExploreHope’s engaging camps and activities! Summer camps, scout badge days, middle school girls day and teacher professional experiences let kids explore, learn and grow. There’s something for everyone!
Summer 2020 Science Camps Canceled
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ExploreHope's summer camps have been canceled. See the ExploreHope website for the full announcement and details.
- Worship Arts
Cancelled for 2020
- Hope Summer Repertory Theatre
- Part of HSRT’s mission is to provide educational opportunities for the youth in our
community. Check out the different theatre classes, camps and workshops available!
2020 classes, camps and workshops are cancelled.
September 19, 2020
- Men's Basketball
All of Hope Men's Basketball camps have been canceled for 2020
- Women's Basketball
See website for dates and times
July 14–15, 2020
2020 Hope Football Prospect Camps have been canceled
- Men's Lacrosse
2020 dates TBA
- Women's Lacrosse
2020 dates TBA
- Men's Soccer
July 23 and 24, 2020
July 22 and 25, 2020
- Women's Soccer
July 13 & 14, 2020
July 18, 2020
- Soccer Day Camp
Canceled for 2020
August 4, 2020
September 12, 2020
- Learn more about Tennis Camps at the DeWitt Tennis Center.
- All of Hope College Volleyball camps have been canceled for 2020.