HSRT is a professional company located on the campus of Hope College, in Holland, Michigan.
The company employs both non-equity and equity performers, working under the AEA-LOA to LORT contract. Holland is on the west side of the state on the shore of Lake Michigan, about 2.5 hours north east of Chicago.
Season 49 Audition Locations
- Holland, Michigan — February 6–7, 2020 (general auditions) Sign-up
- February 6: 4–8 p.m.
- February 7: 4–7 p.m.
Auditions will be held in the Howard Recital Hall of the Jack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts at 221 Columbia Ave. Holland, Michigan.
- Chicago, Illinois — February 10–11, 2020 (EPA and general auditions)
- St. Louis, Missouri — February 21–23, 2020 (MidWest Theatre Auditions)
- New York, New York — March 2, 2020 (AEA/non-AEA and open call)*
*Auditions are by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointment time.
For questions about auditions, or to submit a video audition, please email a video link to email@example.com. Be sure to follow the requirements below.
- Prepare two contrasting one minute monologues, including one Shakespeare.
- Prepare 36 bars of any musical theatre song.
- If you play an instrument please demonestrate while singing.
- Provide a headshot and resume stapeled or digital headshot and resume if video submission.
For Children of a Lesser God: ASL-fluent actors are encouraged to audition for all roles. HSRT is committed to casting Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing actors in the roles of Sarah Norman, Orin Dennis and Lydia. If you are an actor in need of accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Freaky Friday: Seeking students grades 8–12 for participation in the Emerging Artist Initiative. See hope.edu/hsrt for more information.
- Requirements for student auditions:
- Monologue (preferably memorized)
- 32 bars of a song (accompanist will be provided)
- Headshot (color photo) and resume
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetHolland, MI 49423