Work With Us
Join the HSRT team! Non-performance positions and internships are available in arts management, stage management, lighting, sound, scenery, costumes and props.
- Who We Hire
- We hire a company of approximately 110 people, including performers, directors, designers, musicians, technicians, interns and other support and management staff. This season the acting company will be made up of approximately five–seven equity actors, eight–12 non-equity company members and eight–10 acting interns. Actors usually perform in 2–4 productions. Most of our hiring is completed by mid-March.
- Our Company
- Our company is in residence for 12–14 weeks, depending on the contract. The 2020 season is scheduled to begin rehearsals on May 18. Most contracts end August 8 or before. All end by August 12. Technicians and support staff may be contracted to start earlier or stay later. Our mainstage performances begin at 7:30 p.m., Monday–Saturday, and several matinees on Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. We offer children’s and Emerging Artisit productions during the day at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Compensation is negotiable, commensurate with training and experience. Housing is provided in furnished houses two–four blocks from the theatre. Company members have private bedrooms and shared living spaces. In addition to a small stipend, interns also receive college credit and housing.
- Acting Interns
- Acting interns are currently-enrolled students from undergraduate programs. They are cast in mainstage and children’s productions. They may be asked to teach some children’s workshops. Interns receive college credit, a stipend, housing and some meals. Please attend one of the scheduled auditions acheduled or provide a video submission by January 15, 2020.
- Non-Performance Staff and Internships
- Non-performance internships are available in arts management, stage management, lighting, sound, scenery, costumes and props. To apply send your resume, portfolio or website, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. An interview may be arranged. Applications are due by February 1, 2020.
- Directors, Choreographers and Designers
- Directors, choreographers and designers are experienced professionals who have a breadth of experience in prominent theaters nationwide. To inquire contact email@example.com.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetHolland, MI 49423