Culture Statement and Values
We are empowered and flourish when we invest in and value one another in our inclusive learning community where all members are grounded in dignity, engaged in diversity and invited by Christ’s love.
EXCELLENCE WITH GRACE
- We grow through giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- We encourage, support, and celebrate achievement while respecting and affirming the gifts and wellbeing of all employees.
- We invest in opportunities for continuous learning.
INCLUSION WITH PURPOSE
- We engage difference because it makes us better and stronger.
- We include by acting: listening, inviting, valuing, encouraging, and receiving.
COMPASSION WITH DISCERNMENT
- We care for each other and hold each other accountable.
- We listen and understand before we take action.
- We make courageous decisions with openness, generosity, honesty, transparency, and consistency.
DIGNITY THROUGH EMPOWERMENT
- We support each other in being recognized and compensated for the work we do.
- We empower every employee to grow and flourish, speak and be heard, and plan and act.
- We remind each other that faith calls us to treat others as we would like to be treated.
INNOVATION AND INHERITANCE
- We achieve true hope and innovation through diversity, growth, risk, and imagination.
- We encourage multiple views of Hope’s heritage and the development of new traditions.
ENCOURAGED BY FAITH
- We are free to live out our faith in our work and service to others.
- We support and respect a range of expressions of faith.
- We draw on faith during times of personal crisis or communal loss.