We provide the on-campus community with the support and resources you need to communicate online.
We assist with internal and external web communications and provide the following services:
The web communications team manages the college's institutional online presence and provides support for departments, offices and programs. We're undergoing a complete redesign of the Hope website; learn more about our work in progress and see our timeline.
See our resources and tutorial videos to help website editors edit, maintain and create content
- Faculty and Staff Profile Pages
Hope College has awesome people, and we want to tell their stories. Our website Directory and department/office faculty/staff pages contain links to profile pages of our employees.
If you work at Hope College—full-time, part-time, faculty, staff, administration—and don't have a profile page yet, please take some time to fill out our secure forms below. Or, you can email your information, bio, CV or a draft to Josh Bishop.
We typically edit all submissions for consistency and style. If we have any follow-up questions, we’ll contact you.
To update your employee information with Human Resources, fill out the Employee Directory Update Form.
- BLOGS AT HOPE
A number of individuals, departments and programs use our local installation of Wordpress to tell the Hope story first-hand at blogs.hope.edu. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in setting up a blog.
We invite you to read posts about scholarship and innovation, on and off campus, in our Stories of Hope blog.
- SOCIAL MEDIA and Video
Public Affairs and Marketing administers Hope College's institutional social media accounts, which include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat. Additional Hope College department and office accounts are managed independently. Inquire to email@example.com to learn more or to set up a consultation with our digital strategist.
Social media Resources
- Hope College Video Guidelines
- Submit a request to upload a video to Hope's YouTube channel by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request a marketing video
- Video Services
- EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
- Contact email@example.com for assistance creating an email newsletter template.
- Hope Daily
Hope Daily is the official email distribution system of the college. Along with inHope, Hope Daily is one of our primary ways of communicating to large internal audiences.
- Should be related to Hope events or to members of the Hope community
- Must come from a current faculty or staff member (@hope.edu)
- Submissions received by 3 p.m. each weekday will be distributed on the following business day unless specified otherwise
Complete the Hope Daily Submission form linked on inHope to add your news item to Hope Daily.
How to Submit an Item to Hope Daily
- Visit inHope, hover over Resources and click the link for the Hope Daily Submissions form.
- Complete the fields in the form:
- Primary/secondary name
- Primary/secondary email address
- Department/program name
- Headline (80 characters maximum)
- Announcement or news item (400 characters maximum)
- Web link for more information (optional)
- Press release
- Calendar item
- Blog post
- Google doc or shared file in Drive
- Web page
- Date on which you would like to have your information shared in “Hope Daily” (if other than the next business day)
- Click Submit
You will receive a confirmation email in your inbox.
Information submitted by 3 p.m. will be distributed in Hope Daily on the next business day unless specified otherwise.
- Along with Hope Daily, inHope is one of our primary ways of communicating to large
inHope is the college intranet, accessible only to faculty, staff and students.
General inHope announcements can be submitted through the form, and will remain on the site for three days by default. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Student mail manager
To contact groups of students via email, use student mail manager through the Registrar's Office.
- EVENTS CALENDAR
Post your event to the campus calendar with the following process and promotion tips.
- Begin by making your campus room reservation through EMS. Here you can request catering, AV, video services, a specific setup, etc.
- In EMS, select Yes when asked if you would like this event to display on the Hope College public calendar. Include any descriptive text that should appear on the web in the “Event Details” section of the room reservation.
- Approved events typically appear on the campus calendar in 1–2 business days.
- Add your event to the calendar early for maximum visibility.
- List all of your events on the calendar, even if attendance is not open to the public. If your event is invite-only, however, do not make your calendar listing accessible to the public.
- Each event has a unique web address that can be shared on social media or linked in an email.
- Promote your event by emailing a custom photo to email@example.com.
- List your official off-campus event or events that span multiple days or locations by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- For assistance with room reservations, contact the Events and Conferences Office (email@example.com, 616.395.7222).
- Questions about the campus calendar or edits to events that are already published should be sent to Public Affairs and Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org, 616.395.7860).
- Web Accessibility
Hope College is committed to ensuring accessibility of Web Content to people with disabilities. Our Web Accessibility Policy applies to web content on https://www.hope.edu/ (“Web Content”). Web Content produced by our organization will meet W3C WAI WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
To submit feedback on the site or report inaccessible web content, please contact email@example.com.
questions about your website?
We want to hear from you!
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 110Holland, MI 49423