Fourth-year students can apply to live off-campus.
Eligible students will meet one or more of these criteria:
- Earned 75 credit hours by January 12, 2018 (verified by the Registrar’s Office)
- Be at least 23 years of age by August 4, 2018
- Are or will be married by August 4, 2019 (copy of marriage license required)
- Part-time student (enrolled for 1–11 credits) for both the fall and spring semesters
There is a separate application for students who wish to commute from their permanent home address. Students of any year may whose parents or guardians live within 35 miles of campus may apply. Learn more about parent-commuter housing.
- Possible Impact on Financial Aid
- Please be aware that off-campus permission can affect some financial aid packages. Please check with the Financial Aid Office to see if this status will affect your package.
- Considerations Before Signing a Lease
The Community and Neighborhood Services Department of the City of Holland provides information, referrals and assistance regarding tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities with regard to security deposits, evictions, leases and rental agreements.
- Off-Campus Study Programs
- If you intend to participate in an off-campus study program in the fall semester of the 2018–2019 academic year and wish to live off campus during the spring semester, please submit your application by January 12, 2018.
The college reserves the right to reject off-campus applications submitted by students
who have been subject to college disciplinary action.
If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the Housing Office at 616-395-7943 or email@example.com.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423