Hope is a four-year college where students live on campus for their first three years.
Living on campus is an integral part of your Hope College experience.
All students interested in living off campus or commuting from their parent’s primary address must apply annually.
Application process: January 1–22, 2021
- Possible Impact on Financial Aid
- Please be aware that off-campus permission and parent-commuter status can affect some financial aid packages. Please check with the Financial Aid Office to see if this status will affect your package.
- Considerations Before Signing an Off-Campus Lease
The Community and Neighborhood Services Department of the City of Holland provides information, referrals and assistance regarding tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities with regard to security deposits, evictions, leases and rental agreements.
- Off-Campus Study Programs
- If you intend to participate in an off-campus study program in the fall semester of the 2021–2022 academic year and wish to live off campus or be a parent-commuter during the spring semester, please submit your application by January 12, 2021.
- Parent-Commuter Policy
Parent-Commuter permission is restricted to those students who live at parents’ primary address and commute to Hope College. The home must be within 35 miles of campus.
Your parents will be mailed a letter to read, sign and return verifying that you are living at their primary address and commuting to Hope College.
The college reserves the right to reject off-campus applications submitted by students
who have been subject to college disciplinary action.
If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the Housing Office at 616-395-7943 or email@example.com.
Contact the landlords listed on inHope to look for off-campus housing. Any communication and agreement is between you and the landlord. Please make sure your lease dates coincide with your academic year housing needs.
Property owners can advertise rentals on a private listing of off-campus rentals available for students. Begin the process here.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423