Since Hope is a residential college, parent-commuter permission is restricted to those students who live at their parents’ permanent address (within 35 miles of campus) and commute to Hope College. The permanent address can not be a second home that the parents/students own.
- The Process
- You must apply for parent-commuter permission each academic year you wish to commute. After your application is reviewed, your parents will be emailed a letter to read, sign and return to verify you are living at their permanent address and commuting to Hope College. You will then be notified of the outcome via your Hope College email address.
- Possible Impact on Financial Aid
- Please be aware that parent-commuter permission can affect some financial aid packages. Please check with the Financial Aid Office to see if this status will affect your package.
- Off-Campus Study Programs
- If you intend to participate in an off-campus study program in the fall semester of the 2020–2021 academic year and wish to be a parent commuter during the spring semester, please submit your application by January 31, 2020.
If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the Housing Office at 616.395.7943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423