Several services are available when you live on campus. Find information and links to services and providers below.
- Meal Plans
- All residents living in residence halls are required to have a mimimum of a 10-meal plan with the college Dining Services. Students living in on-campus cottages, apartments or off-campus residences often choose to have a meal plan, but it is not required. An enchanced meal plan, called the 7+ meal plan, is available for these students. Find more information about meal plans.
- Mail, Packages and Address
Hope College has a centralized mailroom (Print and Mail Services) that accepts all mail and packages and distributes them to students. An email will be sent the day you receive any type of mail. You may stop by Print and Mail Services during business hours with your Hope ID to claim mail and packages.
The Print and Mail Services website has specific address information to use when sending items to Hope (and sending mail to Hope students). Your student mailing address will also appear in the "Housing Assignments" section of your plus.hope.edu account.
- Wireless Internet
You can connect to wireless internet in every residential unit and every bedroom (residence hall, cottage and apartment). You can even pick up Wi-Fi in the Pine Grove! Information on the wireless internet can be found through CIT.
- There are laundry facilities in every residence hall and most other on-campus residential units (cottages and apartments). Find detailed information about laundry cost and payment.
Hope College offers storage for students that are extraordinarily burdened by bringing all of their belongings with them when leaving campus. Filling out this form serves as a request to utilize the storage units on campus for the entirety of the period you are asking for. Once an item is stored, it is locked away until the academic year is in session. We will be unable to let you into storage until then.
Students requesting to store items in campus storage must live outside of the Midwest (no students from Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio or Wisconsin will be approved). If you do not meet those qualifications, we recommend seeking out storage options in the local Holland community.
Resident storage is available in most residence halls. Space is limited, so residents may be restricted on what they are allowed to store. To find out more and to apply for summer storage, please complete the application below.Summer Storage Application Form
Filling out this form serves as your official request to use Hope storage. If you meet qualifications, you will receive an approval email with further storage instructions.
When storing items in the residence hall, you must clearly label each of your items this way:
- Date of storage
- Cell phone number
Students that store items must be able to pick up their stored items during the first week of classes for the following fall semester. All belongings left in storage beyond the first week of classes will be donated to Holland Community Action House (unless previous arrangements have been made with the RD).
All items are stored at your own risk. Hope College is not responsible for any damaged or missing items.
If you are living on campus over the summer and need temporary storage, please do not fill out this form. You will receive more information about transitional storage shortly.
- All students are eligible for requesting parking permits to park in Hope College parking lots. However, parking on campus is administered through Campus Safety. You can find all the information you need on Campus Safety's website.
- Bike Registration
- Students are welcome to bring bikes to campus. There a number of bike racks throughout campus and most residence halls have a bike room that residents can choose to use for inside storage. Space is limited in the bike rooms, so we suggest, if you are able, to bring your bike home for the winter months. The City of Holland requires that all bikes be registered and have a identification tag. Use the online bicycle form, and pick up stickers at Campus Safety after submitting the form.
- TV Viewing Options
Each residential hall community has a lounge equipped with a large-screen TV and cable. However, cable is not provided in individual student rooms, cottages or apartments. Our wireless internet system supports online TV and movie streaming. Many students access TV through independent subscriptions to online sources (Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix, etc.).