Several services are available when you live on campus. Find information and links to services and providers below.
- Meal Plans
All residents living in residence halls are required to have a mimimum of a 10-meal plan with the college Dining Services per the Dining Services and Board Policy. Students living in on-campus cottages, apartments or off-campus residences often choose to have a meal plan, but it is not required. An enchanced meal plan, called the 7+ meal plan, is available for these students. Find more information about meal plans.
Meal plans can be change up until the close of Drop/Add period at the beginning of each semester. If you wish to make a change to your meal plan you can do so by following the steps below:
- Enter your Hope Housing Portal
- Select “Dining” from the left hand menu
- Click on “Dining Plans”
- You will need to select the correct term (e.g., “Fall 2023”)
- Once the correct term is selected you will be able to add/drop or change your meal plan. Reminder all students living in a residence hall must be on a meal plan.
- Mail, Packages and Address
Hope College has a centralized mailroom (Print and Mail Services) that accepts all mail and packages and distributes them to students. An email will be sent the day you receive any type of mail. You may stop by Print and Mail Services during business hours with your Hope ID to claim mail and packages.
The Print and Mail Services website has specific address information to use when sending items to Hope (and sending mail to Hope students). Your student mailing address will also appear in your Hope Housing Portal. Select “All about me!” from the left hand menu and you will find your current address under “Addresses/Contacts.”
- Wireless Internet
You can connect to wireless internet in every residential unit and every bedroom (residence hall, cottage and apartment). You can even pick up Wi-Fi in the Pine Grove! Information on the wireless internet can be found through CIT.
- There are laundry facilities in every residence hall and most other on-campus residential units (cottages and apartments). Find detailed information about laundry cost and payment.
Hope College offers storage for students that are extraordinarily burdened by bringing all of their belongings with them when leaving campus. Filling out this form serves as a request to utilize the storage units on campus for the entirety of the period you are asking for. Once an item is stored, it is locked away until the academic year is in session.We will be unable to let you into storage until the first week of classes, as we will not have the staff available to let students in as soon as they move in for the next academic year. So we ask that you do not pack essential items that you will need immediately when you arrive to campus (e.g., bedding, personal items, etc.).
The student requesting to store items in campus storage must live outside of the Midwest (no students from Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio or Wisconsin will be approved). If you do not meet those qualifications, we recommend seeking storage options in the local Holland community.
Filling out this form serves as your official request to use Hope storage. If you meet qualifications, you will receive an approval email with further storage instructions.
To find out more and to apply for summer storage, please complete the application below.Summer Storage Application Form
When storing items in the residence hall, you must have your belongings in a box or tote that can be sealed. If you are storing items that are larger such as a TV or Futon, they will need to have a label affixed to them as well.
Labels must be clearly written and include:
- Date of storage
- Cell phone number
As a reminder, students will be able to retrieve their belongings starting Sunday, August 27. Students have the first two weeks of the semester, August 27 through September 10, to pick up their items from storage. After this, all belongings left in storage beyond the second week of classes will be donated to Holland Community Action House (unless previous arrangements have been made with the RD). Instructions will be provided in your confirmation email about how to retrieve your belongings at the beginning of the fall semester.
All items are stored at your own risk. Hope College is not responsible for any damaged or missing items. Storage is not climate controlled.
If you are living on campus over the summer and need temporary storage, please do not fill out this form. You will receive more information about transitional storage with the summer housing information.
- All students are eligible for requesting parking permits to park in Hope College parking lots. However, parking on campus is administered through Campus Safety. You can find all the information you need on Campus Safety's website.
- Bike Registration
- Students are welcome to bring bikes to campus. There a number of bike racks throughout campus and most residence halls have a bike room that residents can choose to use for inside storage. Space is limited in the bike rooms, so we suggest, if you are able, to bring your bike home for the winter months. The City of Holland requires that all bikes be registered and have a identification tag. Use the online bicycle form, and pick up stickers at Campus Safety after submitting the form.
- TV Viewing Options
Each residential hall community has a lounge equipped with a large-screen TV and cable. However, cable is not provided in individual student rooms, cottages or apartments. Our wireless internet system supports online TV and movie streaming. Many students access TV through independent subscriptions to online sources (Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix, etc.).