Several services are available when you live on campus. Find information and links to services and providers below.
- Meal Plans
- All residents living in residence halls are required to sign up for a 10, 15 or 21 meal plan. Students living in cottages, apartments, parent-commuter or off-campus housing can choose whether they want to a meal plan. Find more information about meal plans.
- Mail, Packages and Address
Hope College has a centralized mailroom (Print and Mail Services) that accepts all mail and packages and distributes them to students. An email will be sent the day you receive any type of mail. You may stop by Print and Mail Services during business hours with your Hope ID to claim mail and packages.
The Print and Mail Services website has specific address information to use when sending items to Hope (and sending mail to Hope students). Your student mailing address will also appear in the "Housing Assignments" section of your plus.hope.edu account.
- Wireless Internet
You can connect to wireless internet in every residential unit and every bedroom (residence hall, cottage and apartment). You can even pick up Wi-Fi in the Pine Grove! Information on the wireless internet can be found through CIT.
- There are laundry facilities in every residence hall and most other on-campus residential units (cottages and apartments). Find detailed information about laundry cost and payment.
Resident storage is available in most residence halls. During the academic year, residents may contact their Resident Director or the Residential Life Coordinator of their community to gain access to storage. Only students who meet the qualification for obtaining access to the storage units will be granted permission to store their belongings. During the summer months, students who live over 300 miles away from campus may apply to store items that are difficult to transport long distances. Space is limited, so residents may be restricted on what they are allowed to store. To find out more about and to apply for summer storage, please fill out the Summer Storage Application Form.
- All students are eligible for requesting parking permits to park in Hope College parking lots. However, parking on campus is administered through Campus Safety. You can find all the information you need on Campus Safety's website.
- Bike Registration
- Students are welcome to bring bikes to campus. There a number of bike racks throughout campus and most residence halls have a bike room that residents can choose to use for inside storage. Space is limited in the bike rooms, so we suggest, if you are able, to bring your bike home for the winter months. The City of Holland requires that all bikes be registered and have a identification tag. Use the online bicycle form, and pick up stickers at Campus Safety after submitting the form.
- TV Viewing Options
Each residential hall community has a lounge equipped with a large-screen TV and cable. However, cable is not provided in individual student rooms, cottages or apartments. Our wireless internet system supports online TV and movie streaming. Many students access TV through independent subscriptions to online sources (Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix, etc.).